Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: America on the Warpath, Gettin’ Loaded on Blow in the UK and Jobs are for Suckers, Anyway
What’s goin’ on in the world today? People fightin’, feudin’, lootin’, it’s okay. Let it go, let it flow, let the good times roll. — Eminem The morning roundup of the happenings and lack thereof in all corners of the … Read More
What’s goin’ on in the world today? People fightin’, feudin’, lootin’, it’s okay. Let it go, let it flow, let the good times roll. — Eminem
The morning roundup of the happenings and lack thereof in all corners of the Universe:
- More Americans are getting days off from work than at any point in the past 14 years. Welcome to the terror dome, Mr. President-Elect.
- Mayor Bloomberg has proposed a 6-cent tax on plastic bags at New York City supermarkets.
- They have elections in Scotland, too.
- Jimmy Carl Black, the longtime drummer of Frank Zappa’s Mothers of Invention, died in Germany.
- Comedian Katt Williams was picked up on gun charges in New York on Thursday.
- Six Algerian inmates at Guantanamo Bay will contest their incarceration in a Federal Court in Washington later this month, in the first such case since the prison was opened following 9/11.
- New York Governor Eliot Spitzer won’t face criminal charges in his hooker debacle.
- Hall and Oates are in the news!
- November 26th has been declared "Barack Obama Day" in Kenya. I’m pretty sure this happened when G.W. Bush was elected also, right?
- 70 Saudi Arabian activists are staging a hunger strike to protest their government’s incarceration of ‘political prisoners.’ This should go over well in a country that still stones people to death in public executions.
- England is the top cocaine consumer in Europe.
- At least 11 people are dead in a US airstrike in
Iraq Afghanistan SyriaPakistan.