Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Bristol Palin Baby Photo Bidding War, Gaza Airstrikes Continue and Matchmaking Based On Blood Type
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: Fighting in the Gaza Strip is far from over: On the fourth day of attacks, Israel’s airstrikes are "the first of several stages," according to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert. We’re a … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- Fighting in the Gaza Strip is far from over: On the fourth day of attacks, Israel’s airstrikes are "the first of several stages," according to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.
- We’re a happy family: Sarah Palin may not be the Vice President, but she is officially a grandmother. Palin’s teenage daughter Bristol gave birth to baby boy Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston yesterday. The newborn is already in the midst of a tabloid bidding war—which is rumored to have started at a sweet $100,000—for the exclusive first photo. The asking price, which is supposedly around $300,000, wasn’t due to the popularity of grandma Palin, but to the fact that the mother of Bristol’s baby daddy, Levi Johnston, was recently arrested on drug charges.
- According to new accounts, Bruce Pardo, the Santa suit-clad man behind the Christmas Eve murders of his ex-wife’s family and friends, was also planning to murder his mother and his wife’s divorce attorney.
- What do you get when you mix a has-been new wave artist and an overpriced sex toy? You get the "Little Steel Tonight" vibrator created by former Eurythmic Dave Stewart, which, as its name suggests, is made of solid steel and is lavishly encrusted with diamonds. This pleasure treasure not only includes sultry song lyrics from Stewart’s new solo effort, but also has the over-the-top price tag of $2,000.
- Blood is more than just an essential life force in Japan – it’s a compatibility litmus test for potential suitors. The latest Japanese dating craze is matchingmaking based on blood type, which supposedly helps to determine personality traits, although there has been no firm scientific evidence to back this up.
- William Balfour, the man suspected of killing three members of Oscar-winning actress and singer Jennifer Hudson’s family, is due in a Chicago courtroom today. Balfour is the estranged husband of Hudson’s sister Julia and is charged with three counts of first-degree murder.