Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Finally Chandra Levy Murder Arrest, Finally Afghan Elections Scheduled, Finally High School Musical 4
Here are today’s top stories in particular order: British Prime Minister Gordon Brown is prepared to tell the United States Congress to "seize the day" in an address this afternoon, urging the US to work with other nations to help to strengthen … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in particular order:
- British Prime Minister Gordon Brown is prepared to tell the United States Congress to "seize the day" in an address this afternoon, urging the US to work with other nations to help to strengthen the economy and refusing to apologize for any part he supposedly may have had in contributing to the recession.
- After 8 years, there has finally been an arrest in the Chandra Levy murder case. 27-year-old Salvadoran immigrant Ingmar Guandique has been charged with the crime.
- Riamundo Pereira, former parliament speaker of Guinea-Bissau, has been sworn in as interim president in the wake of the assassination of president João Vieira on Monday. Pereira will be required to hold elections in two months.
- High School Musical is no longer just a trilogy – Disney has announced that a fourth installment will debut on TV next year. For those weary of Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, especially those forced to sit through HSM 3 on the flights to and from San Diego this weekend, never fear! A new cast will be featured in the latest installment. After all, what more can you do with the same cast in High School Musical after senior year?
- The collapse of a building in Cologne, Germany, yesterday has killed two and left four trapped beneath the rubble. The building housed thousands of historical records and archives.
- The Afghan Election Commission has reportedly set elections for August 20 to give the country time to organize ballots, extending the current president, Hamid Karzai’s, term from May until August.