Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Less Murder for NJ, Joker Obama, and Bye Bye USPS
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: A plane skidded off the runway at a Thai airport, causing the death of the chief pilot and several injuries. Finally, good news for New Jersey! The murder rate is down nearly 25% to only … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- A plane skidded off the runway at a Thai airport, causing the death of the chief pilot and several injuries.
- Finally, good news for New Jersey! The murder rate is down nearly 25% to only 158 reported homicides in the first six months of the year. I’m still not sure if that makes me feel safer or not. [Editor's note: What do you mean, "finally"? It's not enough to get Springsteen and "The Sopranos," is it?]
- Uh oh, here it comes: there is now speculation that the process of destroying old vehicles in the midst of the government "Cash for Clunkers" program may actually be more harmful than leaving them on the road. Going green? Maybe not. But you’ll look hotter driving a sparkling new car, right?
- In the age of technology, snail mail is suffering. In order to cut costs, the U.S. Postal Service is planning to close roughly 700 offices. Did your local post office make the cut? Check out the list here. Mine didn’t. Damn.
- An image of a socialist, joker Obama has gone viral and is all over the internet, as well as city streets. Come on, guys, can’t we at least be nice to him on his birthday? He was born on this day 48 years ago. Yes, in the United States, to all you "birthers" out there.