Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Madoff Granted Bail, Amy Winehouse Quits Drugs, and Bush and Obama Beg Congress for Bailout Money
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: Israeli troops have entered urban Gaza today. President-elect Barack Obama has urged President Bush to ask Congress for the second half of the $700 billion economic bailout fund. The notoriously inebriated … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- Israeli troops have entered urban Gaza today.
- President-elect Barack Obama has urged President Bush to ask Congress for the second half of the $700 billion economic bailout fund.
- The notoriously inebriated and former cracking-smoking chanteuse, Amy Winehouse claims she’s off drugs and has never felt better. In an exclusive News of the World interview, Winehouse discusses her new drug-free life and new lover, Josh Bowman.
- A judge has allowed Ponzi-schemer Bernard Madoff to remain free on bail. Madoff will be comfortably on house arrest in his penthouse apartment, instead of awaiting his trial in jail.
- Year of the Slumdog: At last night’s Golden Globe awards, director Danny Boyle’s Slumdog Millionaire took home five awards, including Best Director, while 30 Rock topped the television wins, and Israel’s Waltz with Bashir won Best Foreign Film.
- Peanut butter is the suspected cause in the nationwide salmonella outbreak.