Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Madoff On House Arrest, Drew Peterson To Take A Fifth Wife, and Adam Walsh Case Put To Rest
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: No surprise here, but President-elect Barack Obama has been chosen as the Person of the Year by Time magazine. What is slightly shocking: Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin is a runner-up, … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- No surprise here, but President-elect Barack Obama has been chosen as the Person of the Year by Time magazine. What is slightly shocking: Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin is a runner-up, along with French President Nicolas Sarkozy and Zhang Yimou, the man behind the opening ceremony at the Beijing Olympics.
- Bernard Madoff, the mastermind behind the major Wall Street Ponzi scheme, has been placed on house arrest and will be forced to wear an electronic monitoring device—which is sure to be way less cool than Lindsay Lohan’s famous alcohol-monitoring device accessory.
- Suspected wife killer Drew Peterson isn’t going to let his marital status stop him from taking a new wife. Peterson, who is still currently married to Stacy, who mysteriously disappeared in October 2007, proposed to a 23-year-old woman whose named has not been released. How does this guy get so many chicks?
- The high-profile Adam Walsh [son of America’s Most Wanted host John Walsh] kidnapping case was finally put to rest after 27 years on Tuesday. Police in Hollywood, Florida took a second look at the evidence and determined once and for all that Ottis Toole—who died in prison in 1996—was the culprit. The then 6-year-old Walsh was kidnapped from his home and found decapitated two weeks later.
- The military will be on "high alert" for President-elect Barack Obama’s inauguration with medical units, chemical attack preparation teams and air defenses ready for action.
- Three female employees from the Squaw Valley ski resort in Lake Tahoe, California were found dead in their car on Tuesday morning. Officials believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning was to blame for the three deaths.