Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Obama’s Approval Rating, Man Arrested for Blow Up Doll Action, and Vladimir Putin Loves Abba
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: Unemployment rates have soared to 7.6 percent, with 598,000 jobs cut in January 2009 alone. A Florida man was arrested yesterday for simulating sex with two blow up dolls in his … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- Unemployment rates have soared to 7.6 percent, with 598,000 jobs cut in January 2009 alone.
- A Florida man was arrested yesterday for simulating sex with two blow up dolls in his car in a supermarket parking lot. He claimed he stopped at the shopping center to buy clothing for the naked inflatable dolls.
- Vladamir Putin is a huge Abba fan, who knew? According to reports, the Kremlin picked up the bill to fly the Abba cover band Bjorn Again to a top-secret military location for a private show, where Putin and a female guest got down to numbers like "Dancing Queen" and "Mamma Mia."
- According to a CBS news survey, President Barack Obama has an approval rating of 62 percent, which is higher than both Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.
- Etta James claims she was just kidding when she talked smack about Beyonce at a recent live show. The 71-year-old diva criticized Beyonce’s performance of her sonic claim to fame "At Last" at President Barack Obama’s inaugural ball, and threatened to give Beyonce "a good old fashion ass-whooping."
- Nadya Suleman, the recent mother of the highly publicized octuplets, had six embryos implanted during her fertility procedure, an amount that is far greater than doctors typically recommend. All of her 14 children were conceived by in-vitro fertilization.