Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: President Bush Pelted By Shoes, Tom Cruise Is Still Crazy and Former Nazi Resort To Be Luxury Destination
Here are the day’s top stories in no particular order: Bernard Madoff’s Wall Street Ponzi scheme has greatly affected a full spectrum of worldwide investors and charities, including a Jewish youth charity in Massachusetts. More bones were found in the … Read More
Here are the day’s top stories in no particular order:
- Bernard Madoff’s Wall Street Ponzi scheme has greatly affected a full spectrum of worldwide investors and charities, including a Jewish youth charity in Massachusetts.
- More bones were found in the woods this morning during the search for Caylee Anthony.
- Talk about disgruntled: Fired employee murders boss at company holiday party.
- On his first Today Show appearance since his 2005 outburst, a decidedly manic Tom Cruise—who aimlessly wandered onto the set during a live broadcast—attempted to make things right with co-host Matt Lauer this morning.
- Prora, a former Nazi leisure resort, is scheduled to be converted into a luxury vacation destination.
- Funny gal Amy Poehler made a tearful yet comical farewell to SNL on Saturday night.
- President Bush nearly got clobbered with a pair of size-ten shoes during a clandestine news conference in Iraq. Journalist Muntader al-Zaidi exclaimed “this is the end,” before throwing the shoes at the unharmed President, who ducked out of the way. White House Press Secretary Dana Perino ended up with a shiner in the midst of the chaos, thanks to a renegade microphone. Protests have broken out in Baghdad in support of sole-happy journalist Muntader al-Zaidi and shoes have been pelted at US troops. One Iraqi citizen sees potential profit in the midst of the unrest: “I suggest having an auction to sell the shoe.”