Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Shooting at Holocaust Museum, Miss CA Loses Crown, and Tube on Strike
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: It may be too early to tell, but there are reports that the names of two of the passengers on the doomed Air France flight match wanted Al-Qaeda suspects. An 89-year-old gunman opened … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- It may be too early to tell, but there are reports that the names of two of the passengers on the doomed Air France flight match wanted Al-Qaeda suspects.
- An 89-year-old gunman opened fire in the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C., shooting at least two people and wounding a security guard. Officials returned the fire and the white supremacist is now reported to be in critical condition.
- The London Tube is on strike, cutting off service on the public transportation system and causing chaos in London.
- An Atlanta teenager has been convicted on charges of supporting terrorism. He was arrested in 2006 after videotaping D.C. landmarks and attempting to train in Pakistan for a "violent jihad."
- A daughter surprised her mother by giving her a new mattress and tossing the old one, not realizing the woman’s $1 million life savings were stored inside. Oops. Security guards are posted at landfills in Tel Aviv to ward off treasure hunters as the search for the missing money goes on. [Editor’s note: When your mom insists that all the money is in the banana stand, she really means that all the money is hidden in the banana stand. Members of the Bluth family, take note.]
- An explosion in a North Carolina ConAgra plant has left three dead and at least 40 injured. The cause of the blast is unknown, but it caused the roof to collapse.
- Miss California, Carrie Prejean, is (finally) going to lose her crown, not because of the controversy she’s caused, but because of repeated breach of contract. Even her buddy Donald Trump has reportedly had enough.
- Who does Rev. Jeremiah Wright say is preventing him from speaking to former parishioner President Obama? Why, "them Jews," of course. Them Jews. Speechless, really.
Sad update: It has been reported that a security guard for the Holocaust Museum, who was shot in the back, has died from his injuries. – LM