Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Technology Takes Over, World’s Tallest Man Looking for Love, and Chris Brown Cleans Up Horse Dung
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: Da Vinci Code author Dan Brown broke all one-day sales records with the release of his new book, "The Lost Symbol," selling over a million copies in the US, UK, and … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- Da Vinci Code author Dan Brown broke all one-day sales records with the release of his new book, "The Lost Symbol," selling over a million copies in the US, UK, and Canada. Weirder still, the Kindle version is selling better than the hardcopy on Amazon.
- A car bomb in Kabul is responsible for the death of ten Afghan citizens and six Italian paratroopers, just steps from the American embassy.
- Is it your lucky day? Pick up a Powerball ticket – the jackpot is already up to more than $100 million. Two ticket holders in Pennsylvania have already claimed prizes of around $200,000.
- The world’s tallest man is looking for love! Sultan Kosen, of Turkey, stands 8’1" and was just recognized by the Guiness Book of World Records for his astounding height. He’s hoping that his new found fame will finally help him find a girlfriend. Ladies, he’s living in London!
- You might be able to find love with the world’s tallest man in London, but you likely won’t be getting your mail. The Royal Mail is on strike in the UK, operating at only a quarter of their regular volume as workers demand higher wages and more job security.
- Chris Brown has begun his community service… cleaning up horse dung in a Virginia police horse stable. Just 5 months, 29 days to go. Karma’s a bitch.
- Just in case going into surgery wasn’t scary enough, one woman caught on fire while going under the knife in a Tennessee hospital. She died of her injuries six days later, but the hospital is still calling it an accidental death.
- Imma let you finish, but… Traffic on Twitter tripled during the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, including tweets from Pink, Katy Perry and other celebs who immediately bashed Kanye for his bad behavior.