Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: US Apologizes for Slavery, Pilot Dies Mid-Flight, and Obama Serial Fly Swatter
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: A pilot died in midair on a flight from Brussels to Newark today. The flight landed safely at its destination and passengers were none the wiser. A suicide bombing in Somalia has left … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- A pilot died in midair on a flight from Brussels to Newark today. The flight landed safely at its destination and passengers were none the wiser.
- A suicide bombing in Somalia has left 23 dead, including a security minister. The car bomb is just the latest in two months of unrest in the region.
- President Obama is an executioner, according to PETA. Why? He swatted a fly, of course. They claim he should have shown more compassion. To the fly. Because this is really the biggest of our concerns in the world right now. The swatting of flies.
- Big time bummer for Twilight star Robert Pattinson, who, in the process of fleeing from crazed teenage girls (out for his blood, maybe?), was hit by a taxi cab in New York City. Ouch. He’s okay, just in case any of you crazed teenage girls were wondering.
- The Senate has approved a bill that will apologize to African Americans for slavery and segregation.
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton fell late yesterday on her way to the White House and fractured her elbow. She is apparently recovering and will undergo surgery next week, though some doctors say she may need to undergo months of physical therapy to be back to 100%. Boniva?