Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Zimbabweans Getting Sick, 16th-Century-Style, Drinkin’ Pee in Space and Russia Does As Russia Does
Last one before the news takes a couple of days off so that those who cover it can enjoy the holiday… Defense Secretary Robert Gates will get to keep his job, at least for now. Ibrahim Nasir, the first president … Read More
Last one before the news takes a couple of days off so that those who cover it can enjoy the holiday…
- Defense Secretary Robert Gates will get to keep his job, at least for now.
- Ibrahim Nasir, the first president of independent Maldives, died on Saturday in Singapore.
- Michael Vick has entered a guilty plea for last year’s dogfighting charges and could be granted early release from prison on grounds of being a famous person.
- A Russian economics professor predicts that America will collapse and break up into several autonomous countries, with Russia and China becoming the world’s financial regulators.
- Venezuela is playing host to several Russian warships, the first Russian presence in Latin America since the Cold War.
- Like the Jewcy staff, astronauts aboard the International Space Station are hoarding their urine for future consumption.
- Americans are stockpiling weapons amidst fears that the incoming Obama Administration will take measures to restrict gun ownership.
- 360 people in Zimbabwe have died of cholera since August.
- Robots can now act in Japan.
- An Italian right-wing political party is offering 1500 Euros to any families who will name their children after Mussolini or his wife.
- Atlantic Records reports that digital downloading has surpassed physical CD sales for the first time in the company’s history.