Daily Jewce: James Deen, a Swedish Twitter Snafu, IDF Gay Pride, and More
In the news today: A nice Jewish porn star makes it to the big screen, the IDF shows gay pride, Regina Spektor rocks out, and more Read More
• The Canyons, a small-budget thriller written by Bret Easton Ellis and directed by Paul Schrader, has surpassed its $100,000 Kickstarter goal; it’ll begin shooting next month, starring Lindsey Lohan and Jewish porn star James Deen.
• Things got a little weird yesterday on Twitter when the woman operating the @Sweden handle—as part of the country’s nobly intentioned experiment to let a different citizen tweet/represent the country each week—started asking why some people hate Jews. We’d refer her to Henry Blodget, but she seems nice, if terribly naive.
• In honor of Pride Month, the IDF posted a photo on Facebook of two male soldiers holding hands, claiming they were a gay couple. The photo attracted a great deal of attention (of all types) but has since been revealed as staged. Only one of the soldiers is gay, and both serve in the office of the military spokesman who posted the photo.
• Andy Samberg hopes that his new British TV show Cuckoo will “cement the special relationship between our two great countries.” We just want more digital shorts.
• In her new music video for “Don’t Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas),” Regina Spektor puts toast on her face, sings to animatronic caterpillars, and sets things on fire. We think she’s wonderful.