Daily Jewce: Lena Dunham, A Kosher Scandal, Drake’s New Video, and More
In the news today: a kosher hot dog scandal, an Israeli company cashes out, “True Blood” goes Jewish, and more Read More
• Lena Dunham told The Hollywood Reporter that the Marnie character, played by Allison Williams, was supposed to be “a neurotic, stressed-out, like, tiny, high-achieving Jew.” Instead, Marnie is a neurotic, stressed-out, high-achieving shiksa of moderate height.
• A class-action lawsuit alleges that some Hebrew National hot dogs aren’t kosher and that the company has mistreated employees.
• Facebook has bought Israeli facial recognition company Face.com for a rumored $60-$100 million.
• This season (its fifth), HBO’s True Blood introduced a Jewish storyline; but Tablet’s Marjorie Ingall thinks it has uncomfortable echoes of the anti-Semitic “blood libel” canard.
• Jewcy house rapper Drake appears in the new video for 2 Chainz’ “No Lie,” where he raps on a couple verses and smokes nargillah.