Daily Jewce: New Zealand Tefillin Freakout, The Madoff Family Is Over, Ben Greenman Ruins Christmas, And More
By Jewcy Staff / December 13, 2010
Today in news: New Zealand not really sure of the difference between Jewish rituals and terrorist ones, Ruth Madoff speaks, a Russian-Jewish billionaire puts his art on an island and much more. Read More
Jewcy loves trees! Please don't print!
- Remember to never do anything even remotely religious when visiting New Zealand, because they might freak out and haul you in for questioning. Example: the guy who was arrested for performing the ritual of wrapping tefillin in an airport. I guess the Kiwi cops weren’t hipped to the fact that the ancient Jewish custom isn’t something you see many suicide bombers doing.
- A husband in the clink and now a son in the ground: the Madoff family is over says Ruth Madoff.
- Roman Abramovich buys an island to store his art.
- Ben Greenman picks up on secret cables leaked from the North Pole.
- How did “Jewish” Jordan Farmer fare against his former team the Los Angeles Lakers?