Daily Jewce: Poor Hasidic Towns, Pesach Warfare, Israeli Slasher Flicks, New Bible Testament Sucks, And More
By Jewcy Staff / April 21, 2011
In the news today: the poorest place in the US is a mostly Jewish village, learning about war through the Passover story, Israeli horror film in New York, James Frey is back with a Bible book, and much more. Read More
Jewcy loves trees! Please don't print!
- The poorest place (on paper) in the United States isn’t Detroit, and it isn’t some ghost town in the West, it’s the mostly Hasidic New York village of Kiryas Joel.
- The left and right clash in Israeli rally to support Palestinian state.
- The story of Exodus can teach us a lot about warfare. Danger Room discusses how.
- Israeli slasher film, Rabies, makes its Tribeca Film Fest debut.
- James Frey writes the final testament of The Bible. The Guardian doesn’t like it.