Daily Jewce: No More Boycotting Israel, Fake Jews Playing Soccer, Bernie And The Mets, A Yiddish Master and More
By Jewcy Staff / February 16, 2011
In the news: Want to boycott in Israel? You could get fined, fake soccer players get a team banned, Madoff says the Mets knew nothing, the Middle East revolution continues and more. Read More
Jewcy loves trees! Please don't print!
- The Knesset Constitution, Law and Justice Committee approved a bill yesterday that calls for heavy fines to be imposed on Israeli citizens who initiate or incite boycotts against Israel. Tablet brings up the all important Sabra hummus question.
- Holy Mount Zion, a soccer team in England’s all-Jewish Maccabi Southern Football League, has been suspended from league play for supposedly fielding non-Jewish players and lying that they were members of the Tribe.
- The bankers are guilty, but Bernie Madoff says the New York Mets knew nothing about his Ponzi scheme.
- They’re taking to the streets in Libya.
- A master of the Yiddish avant-garde returns.
- How about a little Serge Gainsbourg to start off your morning?