Morning Jewce: Post Rally, Jews in India, Yiddish Legends, Translation Controversy And More
By Jewcy Staff / November 1, 2010
Today on our daily news roundup: Olbermann’s thoughts on the Stewart/Colbert rally, Cochin Jews in India, the great Fyvush Finkel, and a Hebrew translation pisses an Egyptian off. Read More
Jewcy loves trees! Please don't print!
- Post “Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear”: Keith Olbermann says Jon Stewart “jumped the Shark.”
- A ton of photos from the rally.
- Jewish Literary Review takes a look at the Cochin Jews in India.
- Vox Tablet talks to the man, the mensch, the Yiddish stage legend, Fyvush Finkel.
- The Hebrew translation of Egypt’s hit novel “The Yacoubian Building” by Israeli peace advocates has infuriated its author, who supports a cultural boycott of the Jewish state. The author, Alaa al-Aswany, calls it “piracy and theft.”