Religion & Beliefs
Santa Claus, Enemy of the Jews
I know it’s almost May, and Christmas isn’t exactly around the corner, but I’d just like to go on the record and say how fed up I am with Santa Claus. I saw someone yesterday in a Santa suit (I … Read More
I know it’s almost May, and Christmas isn’t exactly around the corner, but I’d just like to go on the record and say how fed up I am with Santa Claus. I saw someone yesterday in a Santa suit (I didn’t ask why) and it got me thinking about how completely perilous Santa is and always has been.
When you think about it, Santa’s a lot like Hitler.
- He lives far away and so doesn't really seem like a direct threat.
- He keeps slaves of a lower caste to do the labor he needs.
- He steals into people’s houses late at night when they're least expecting it.
- He discriminates, makes lists (and apparently checks them twice), and has some eerie way of knowing who’s naughty (Jews, ahem) and nice (informers, possibly?)
- He wears a strange uniform.
- He has at least half of the world’s children under his thumb.
- Oh yeah, and he saturates the media with his own likeness, ideas, and philosophy.
Does anyone else think this might be dangerous? And don’t give me any crap about him having anything to do with Christmas—show me where it says Santa in the New Testament. Show me the nonsense about cookies and milk and Rudolf. Give me chapter and verse and we can chat. Until then, keep Santa away. Santa is an anagram of Satan, and as far as I’m concerned, Santa-themed sweaters might as well have big black swastikas on them. Mark my words: One of these days "Heil Santa" will catch on as a holiday greeting. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.