Jewcy Zeitgeist: Murderous Matrimony, Michelle Replaces Friend in Cabinet, and Octo-Mom Confesses Fault
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan has killed at least 30 people and wounded 40 more. First Lady Michelle Obama has replaced her Chief of Staff with an old friend from Chicago, White … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan has killed at least 30 people and wounded 40 more.
- First Lady Michelle Obama has replaced her Chief of Staff with an old friend from Chicago, White House lawyer Susan Sher. The White House has offered no explanation for the change, which occurred late yesterday.
- President Obama toured Buchenwald, the site of a Nazi concentration camp, with the German Chancellor and Nobel Prize winner Elie Wiesel, saying, "We must be ever-vigilant about the spread of evil."
- A Cornell graduate student has been arrested and charged with the murder of his wife, who was found in a nearby park with her throat slashed.
- An Australian man suspected of drowning his new bride on their honeymoon scuba driving excursion has had his charges lessened to manslaughter and will serve only one year in prison.
- The Environmental Protection Agency has begun to rethink whether using ground-up, recycled tires to pad playgrounds is the safest idea, claiming they are unsure of all the potential risks of the rubber.
- Famed Octo-Mom has been found on video saying she "screwed up" her life. Gee, really? [Editor’s note: am I the only one who simultaneously can’t stand Octo-mom and want her to disappear, but cannot get enough stories about the Gosselin family? Please email me if you’d like to join my support group.]