Let’s hear it for Charlie
Charlie Rose doesn't need an elaborate set or flashy cable TV channel to be cool. Charlie Rose doesn't need much of anything. This interviewer extraordinaire kicks ass just the way he is – brilliant. I found out via Slashfood that … Read More
I found out via Slashfood that my man, Charlie Rose, now has an archive where you can access his video interviews with some of (actually, all of) America's greatest thinkers, actors, teachers and activists. And he's giving it all to us for free. A quick search under the "Other" category, which oddly houses the "Food" cateogory came up with this star-studded list:
- Ruth Reichl – The NY Times' Frank Bruni – except female and Jewish
- Daniel Boulud – Fancy-pants chef of the much celebrated (and egotistically named) Daniel and Cafe Boulud
- Mario Batali – The rotund, Italian Chef made famous on the Food Network and infamous in Bill Buford's Heat
- Julia Child – The wonderful woman who taught us what French American cooking means. Rest in peace
- Nina and Tim Zagat – Of the Zagat guides
- Many, many more.
The best part? Unlike the restaurants of the famous chefs Charile interviews, this archive is free.
God bless you, Charlie Rose.