Daily Jewce: Israel’s Blind Golfer, Aly Raisman’s Bronze, NY Restaurant Slang
In the news today: Israeli designer Oded Ezer gets fancy, Lena Dunham loves the New Yorker iPhone app, and more Read More
• 1917: the world first discovers O.M.G.
• At Sammy’s Roumanian Steak House, employees refer to an older Jewish man and his girlfriends as “Mr. Schwartz and his niece” and tables of non-Jewish women as “Shiksas.” Thanks, New York Times!
• Introducing Zohar Sharon, Israel’s blind golf star.
• “This is an original design by somebody,” says the Oded Ezer-designed flag featured on the Ashton Kutcher-approved website, Fancy.
• Mazel Tov to Aly Raisman on winning the bronze medal in the balance beam routine.
• Lena Dunham (and Jon Hamm!) want you to download the New Yorker iphone app.