Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- Today, Israel and Jews throughout the diaspora observe Yom HaShoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- An apparent murder-suicide has left a New York family of four dead in Maryland. It is unclear which of the family members is responsible, nor will authorities release information about how they died or whether a suicide note was left.
- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "misused" an anti-racism conference, according to UN chief, by calling Israel a racist state.
- The so-called "Craig’s List Killer" has been arrested. Philip Markoff is a 22-year-old medical student from Boston University, accused of fatally stabbing one woman and seriously injuring another in early April.
- Actor-director Ron Howard is defending himself against claims that he is anti-Catholic because of his film interpretation of Dan Brown’s best selling book, Angels and Demons.
- Happy Free Cone Day! Ben & Jerry’s ice cream is celebrating its annual free cone day across the country between noon and 8 p.m. If only there were sunshine in which to enjoy it…