It is great to be blogging on Jewcy.com. My blog posts this week will be about my recent experiences with the media and the reactions to my book: Jewish Wisdom for Business Success. Some Jews were not impressed by the title.
They don’t realize that the title I originally wanted was “Become Rich Like the Jews: A How-to Guide” but the publisher refused to go with it claiming that is was too antisemitic, so we settled on the less explosive title we currently have.
OK OK… Before the ADL’s Abe Foxman (who the Maariv Newspaper says won’t endorse my book) lynches me, let me say—for those without a sense of humor—that I am joking. Of course I am not trying to use a nasty stereotype to sell books.
The point “Jewish Wisdom for Business Success” makes is that there is profound wisdom within Judaism’s ancient teachings and holy books that instruct successful financial and business practices. This wisdom is needed now—when the current financial crisis is hitting many of us in our pocket books— more than ever.
Here are a few tips from Jewish wisdom that will help you through.
- Do not let fear motivate your financial decisions. (Chapter 1 of the book).
- Don’t allow yourself to be pulled into a cycle of negative thinking. Remember that many will get hurt but some will prosper as well. Why should you not end up being one of those that will prosper? (Chapter 8 of the book)
- When you need to purchase something, know that it is now a buyer’s market and you can negotiate better terms and conditions for yourself on large item purchases. (Lern how to negotiate in Chapter 5 of the book)
- Remember that failure is a state of mind not a state of being. So if things do not go well for you there might be a lesson there for you to learn from. (Chapter 6 of the book)
- Don’t allow the bad economy to take you off your path towards your ultimate goals. (Chapter 2 of the book)
- Be involved with your finances; don’t completely rely on others. (Chapter 4 of the book)
Each day this week, at the end of my blog posts, I will elaborate on one of the above-mentioned tips, so look out for them.