Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- Lawmakers in Vermont are beginning hearings this week to legalize gay marriage. Currently, gay couples can only legally wed in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- Avigdor Lieberman is on track to become Israel’s next foreign minister in a coalition deal with soon-to-be prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu.
- Gossip blogger Perez Hilton says he’s "disappointed" in Rihanna. This comes as speculation arises that Rihanna may be remaking The Bodyguard.
- The latest Pew Poll results are suggesting that President Obama’s support is dissolving, with his approval rating dipping below 60 percent.
- In a bizarre turn of events, a New York woman was hit by a stray arrow yesterday. She is in stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery.
- President Obama will be making an appearance on Thursday night’s Tonight Show with Jay Leno.