Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- President Obama met with German chancellor Angela Merkel today. They talked about global climate change, among other things.
- Whales may be facing bad news as the head of the International Whaling Commission says he doubts whaling can be regulated internationally within the next 12 months.
- South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford is continuing with his trail of apologies, this time to his staff.
- The FCC has a new chairperson. Julius Genachowski was approved by the Senate this morning to head the Federal Communications Commission.
- A body has been found in rural Indiana, believed to be that of 2-year-old Jada Justice who vanished last week. Further investigations will take place.