Adam Levine, Jewish rock star and reality TV’s bad boy with a heart of gold (see: The Voice), sat down with The Hollywood Reporter and showed us that deep down he’s just a regular guy trying to make it in the biz. That’s why he did that fragrance line.
The article, which calls Levine “at once charming, cocky, self-deprecating, self-aware, funny and grateful,” also reveals a ton about the Maroon 5 frontman. Your degree in Levineology starts here:
1. His childhood best friend—and longtime manager—is Jonah Hill’s brother, Jordan Feldstein (I KNOW, right).
2. His father, Fred Levine, founded clothing store and online retailer M. Fredric.
3. He knows that before he joined reality singing show The Voice as a judge, “the occasional soccer mom probably thought I was a slut.”
4. According to a polling firm, his “likability” has increased by more than 20 percent since he’s been on the show.
5. He was “a total dickhead” in high school.
6. He watches The Daily Show.
7. He briefly attended Five Towns College on Long Island.
(Photo by Christopher Polk/Getty Images for A&M/Octone)